Sunday, November 22, 2009

New books and gadgets

This week I've been working on a few new ideas for the project. I know I want an interesting interface for a sample type instrument but I haven't yet formed a conceptual idea why it should be a Japanese Tea set.
I bought two books a few days ago, the infamous ''book of tea'' and ''Cha-no-yu'', so I'm trawling through them getting some background knowledge about the history of the tea ceremony and looking for some interesting concepts to bring into the project.

A tutor at University suggested hacking a game controller as a cheaper alternative to the Arduino, I'll have to look into this a little more. I need to find out what to use as the actual light receivers.

Also this last week I've been a little distracted as I've just bought one of these!

Its called a Monome 64 and I'm thinking it could be used in the installation in some way, but again not too sure just yet.

Also on the lookout on ebay for nice old mahogany boxes which can have the tea set on the top and the electronics/cabling inside. Just missed out on a nice on church collection box!

No comments:

Post a Comment